Why Use Introductory Resources?
If you have a topic in mind for your research, it is a good idea to find one or more sources of background information to read.
Introductory resources will:
- Explain in general terms, what is currently known about your topic
- Help you understand the broader context of your research.
- good articles
- a Chronology of relevant events for the topic
- lists of stakeholders and their web sites
- a pro and con feature
- bibliographies of further reading.
Dictionaries / Encyclopedias
The following resources are available through the online resource, Credo Reference.
Web Resources / Reference Librarian
Post Learning Commons and Drexel Library
Saint Joseph's University
Actuarial Science, Computer Science, Economics, Health Administration, Health Services, Mathematics, Physics
A Reference Librarian can help:
Ask a Librarian