Post Learning Commons
We are in the process of renovating the Francis A. Drexel Library and building the John and Maryanne Post Learning Commons. The two buildings will be connected by a Glass Atrium.
The entire project will double the existing space for students, providing the following:
· 120 computer work stations
· Special Collections
· 24 collaborative study rooms
· Expanded bathroom facilities
· Enhanced café with an outdoor plaza
For more information on this project, please see our Post Learning Commons construction website.
Alumni are welcome to use the Library catalog and borrow books from the Library with their Alumni Library Card. This card can be obtained at the Service Desk, once Alumni status has been verified with the Alumni Office. Alumni can check out up to 10 books for a 28 day loan period with a two week renewal. Due to database licensing restrictions, use of databases and general Internet access is restricted to current students, faculty, and staff members with valid network accounts and passwords.
Although we cannot provide access to those resources, many databases are available through local public libraries. Please see the POWER Library tab for more information.
- The Hawk has been the student newspaper of Saint Joseph's University since June, 1930 when the school was known as St. Joseph's College - fondly referred to as "St. Joe" by some of the graduates.
- The Francis A. Drexel Library is the repository for the print and microfilm formats of the newspaper. The Hawk was digitized from the microfilm holdings and made accessible online in this archive.
volume 1, no. 1 of June 10, 1930
volume 75, no. 2 of May 19, 2002
- Issues can be searched at any time by keyword or date
- The retrieved article or photo can be downloaded, saved, printed and even emailed - to friends or to old college classmates!
The Hawk: Current Issues, 2005 - present